In doing SDM for SDM, there are three separate things that are still connected in the work that needs to be understood as follows:
- Strategic SDM
- SDM strategy, and
- SDM Organization.
Strategic SDM is a process of SDM practices on the relationship of business strategy. Line managers and human resource functions of strategic SDM. Strategic SDM to create a process to move from business strategy to organizational capacity in human resources practices.
Strategy SDM talked about building an agenda on human resource functions. SDM strategy to create a destination and a focus on human resource functions.
SDM organizations are menegenal process and develop an HR function to deliver SDM services. SDMorganizations is the implementation of human resources executives conducted by the SDM Professional.
Strategic SDM: BUSINESS STRATEGY ON DEVELOPMENT OF PRIORITY SDM
Corporate managers to use the main strategies in the conduct of strategic human resources, business strategy formulation in running SDM results. Formulation of strategy presents three objectives. Namely:
- discuss a strategy guide for the future of the business or in other words a vision, purpose, goal, mission or future review.
- formulation of the problem to allocate resources. Companies have the resources, which focuses on a variety of purposes. Since few companies have sufficient resources to work on the stakeholders, where the allocation of resources should be made.
- formulating strategies that promise memrefleksikan explain commitments made in the formulation of the strategy discussion.
Strategy formulation process, the executive develop a future vision, allocate resources to realize the vision, and promised to stakeholders to achieve its objectives.
Repeating the formulation without the probability of implementing one of the main goals of the strategic SDM tasks. Strategic SDM is often associated with the business strategy on human resources actions by describing the ability to criticize it takes on a company to be successful.
SDM STRATEGY: THE ESTABLISHMENT OF SDM FUNCTIONS
When human resources strategy to ensure that a company has the resources necessary to complete the company's business objectives, the strategy describes the creation of human resources by the value of human resources functions.
Step 1: describe an organizational architecture
- Shared Mindset: the level for the human resource function has a mindset shared or common identity
- Competence: the level for the human resource function organized by individuals who have the knowledge, skills, and ability to carry out the work now and the future.
- Consequence: which level of management to achieve system used by human resources professionals to focus on results and behavior.
- Governance: which level of human resource functions effectively connected, communication, decision making, and policy.
- Work Process / Capacity for change: the level to which the function of human resources in training and adjustment, and understanding and improving processes.
- Leadership: the level for effective leadership that spreads into other parts of the human resource function.
Step 2: create an assessment process
A diagnosis of human resources audit or assessment suggests to identify the human resource organization.
Step 3: to provide human resource organization
Human resource functions apply to itself the model of human resource practices. When this happens, this practice became the building blocks of human resources related to the organization.
Step 4: priorities are set
Step 4 determines the priority of the organizational diagnosis of attention from human resources on a few critical issues. The function may set priorities for developing human resources practices. The practice is to build the infrastructure of the human resource function effectively and implementastion strategic human resources.